These days it feels like everyone is struggling to keep their website traffic up or grow it for that matter. If you’re running an online business that is definitely one of the challenges that keeps you up at night, right? Here’s a list of things you can do to increase website traffic immediately and over time. It’s a daunting challenge, but it’s imperative you act now, or watch your business sink.
Take a look at this list and let me know if you think I left anything off.
- Improve Your On-Page SEO
- Research New Keywords
- Optimize Your Content With Long-Tail Keywords
- Build On Competitor Keywords
- A Few Good Guest Posts Each Month
- Natural Link Building
- Create Content That People Want to Share (and Link To)
- Create Infographics
- Produce Video Content
- Interview Leaders In The Industry
- Add Social Share Buttons
- Write Knowledge Base Articles
- Internally Link Your Content
- Add New Content Weekly
- Keep Your Content Up-To-Date
- Create Free Products/Tools
- Host Contests And Giveaways
- Create FREE Online Courses
- Run Webinars
- Create Quizzes With a “Share Results” Feature
- Use Email Marketing
- Brand Partnerships
- Create A Facebook Page and Build A Community
- Launch a YouTube Channel
- Go Live
- Use Instagram To Drive Traffic
- Get Involved With Influencers
- Build a Loyal Community on Twitter
- Be Active on LinkedIn
- Use the Power of a Good Podcast
- Run Facebook Ads
- Run Reddit Ads
- Run Twitter Ads
- Run Google Ads (PPC)
- Run YouTube Ads
- Buy Ad Space On Similar Sites
- Advertise via Ad Networks
- Use Retargeting
- Participate In Forums
- Be Active in Niche-Focused Online Communities
- Participate In Quora
- Use Reddit To Promote Your Content
- Share Images On Pinterest
- Develop SlideShare Presentations
- Sponsor Events
- Advertise At Conferences
- Focus on Mobile Usability
- Speed Up Your Website
- Optimize Your CTR
- Examine Analytics Data
- Research Your Competitors
- Determine Your Best Traffic Source and Scale
You certainly can’t do all of the above, but you can implement many of them based on what’s right for your business and your skills to do so. Once you start, it’s up to you to track your results, keep an eye on your analytics and determine the sources and efforts your traffic is coming from. When you have a good grasp of the sources that drive the highest volume of traffic, and what percentage of that traffic is converting, you’ll know where to focus your efforts.
Like what you see? Share with a friend.
In business, "strategy" is a term that is thrown around frequently, often without a true understanding of its ...
Have you ever wondered about the strategies businesses use to reach their customers? Welcome to the world of ...
Do you find it difficult to comprehend your customers' experiences and requirements? Would you like to improve customer ...
For founders and growing companies
Get all the tips, stories and resources you didn’t know you needed – straight to your email!