If you’re doing business in the developed world, your customers are using email without a doubt. You should be as well. No matter how small your business is, you have the power to reach people through email marketing 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
These email marketing statistics should prove to you, that email marketing isn’t going anywhere soon. In fact, it’s growing.
- By 2022, global email users is expected to grow to 2022. That’s 1/2 of the world’s population (Source – Statista)
- Billions of Emails Are Sent Daily In 2017 an average of 269 billion emails were sent and received every day, and expected to increase to 333 billion daily emails sent.
- Email Marketing Delivers Strong ROI – For every dollar you spent on email marketing, you can expect an average return of $38
- Email Marketing Helps to Grow Your Business – 81% of SMBs rely on email as their primary customer acquisition channel and 80% for retention. Research shows that email marketing tops the chart in comparison to organic search, paid search, and social media when it comes to customer acquisition & retention. That’s not to suggest that the other areas aren’t important but it does heavily weigh the continued importance of email.
- Welcome Emails Have a High Open Rate – The average open rate for a “Welcome Email” is 82%
- Personalization Works Wonders For Email – Emails with personalized subject lines generate 50% higher open rates. A great tip would be to customize your greeting and subject line to include individual names when you send out emails.
- The Power of Abandoned Cart Emails – Sending 3 abandoned cart emails results in 69% more orders than a single email.
- Interactive Emails Are the Way Forward – According to a report from Martech Advisors, adding video to your emails can increase your click rates by 300%. That’s a shocking number. Marketers also tend to include sliders, collapsible menus, and GIFs to make their emails look better to customers. Also, don’t forget to make sure that all of your interactive emails are optimized for mobile devices.
- Customers absolutely like to hear from you. – 49% of consumers said they would like to receive promotional emails from their favorite brands on a regular basis. This email marketing statistic is especially handy when you’re worrying about sending emails to your customers too often. Your audience likes to hear from you, and apparently, they’re happy to hear from you via email.
- Emails give you access to a mobile audience. – When it comes to email marketing, 49% of emails are opened on a mobile device.
So if you’re looking to reach mobile audiences, email marketing is a great way. The chances are high that your customers and prospects own smart phones. So let your efforts benefit from landing straight in their pockets.
If your business has its email marketing campaign figured out, give yourself a pat on the back, and consider yourself to be on the right track. If not, then let’s talk about how Transmyt can help.
What types of email marketing programs are you currently implementing for your business?