When customers can communicate with companies across multiple channels, these separate contact points enhance customer experiences. With positive feedback and casual (but powerful) word-of-mouth recommendations, this approach attracts new potential buyers and draws them into a company’s sphere of influence. And that’s where casual visitors turn into high-quality leads.
Effective Lead Generation Tactics
Generating leads is hard enough – but it’s even harder to distinguish between weak and well-qualified leads. If poorer leads aren’t weeded out early in the sales process, sales figures drop, and the marketing department is blamed for an ineffective lead generation strategy. In their own defense, marketers may then blame salespeople for their inability to close deals.
However, there’s a sure route out of this dead-end street of two-way accusations: a lead generation strategy implemented through proven tactics:
- upgrade lead capture forms for specific targets, engaging their attention through high-value paybacks like webinars, case studies, white papers, and newsletters;
- display irresistible offers that tempt casual visitors to sign up and provide the detailed information; you need, preferably including gender, age, and street address, as well as telephone numbers and email addresses;
- lessen distractions around lead capture forms, keeping visuals static with limited use of color, so visitors stay focused and key in their data quickly;
- pick easy opt-in methods that allow interested visitors to sign up quickly and painlessly for special offers.
How does Growth Marketing Boost Lead Generation?
Focused on helping companies thrive, growth marketing focuses on leveraging rapid corporate growth, particularly through generating high conversion leads. Here are seven tried-and-true growth marketing tactics that generate promising leads and help close deals.
- A/B testing is vital, showing what works and what does not, with indicators of how to tweak marketing campaigns for better outcomes, through actively testing for optimization;
- Focused efforts allow marketers to do more with less, homing in on test segments with the most significant impacts, particularly for regeneration;
- Low-hanging fruit is the fastest path to success, constantly testing landing page elements (particularly headlines and CTAs) to find the most engaging links for lead generation forms;
- Fine-tune sales funnels from the first Welcome to the final Confirm buttons, pruning copy to match today’s ultra-short (and still shrinking) attention spans of eight seconds;
- Pinpoint leakages along the sales funnel, seeing where leads are slipping away and devising effective patches through very specific A/B testing;
- Limit variables (like seasonality and major events) that could influence outcomes, so your results are truly significant, beyond any possibility of happenstance;
- Change just one thing, but change it significantly, so that the results of every testing round are clear, whether positive or negative.
Leveraging A Multi-Channel Presence
Consumers generally engage with brands across several platforms. That’s why channel marketing lets companies reach out to their target audiences, no matter where they are. Centered on the corporate website, growth marketing uses these multiple platforms – social media, review sites, influencers, events, emails, and remarketing messages – to enhance visibility.
With more chances to interact with brands, top-of-mind scores improve. A carefully designed posting schedule builds up the trust and affinity that underpin corporate growth through enhanced lead generation.
See how Transmyt can drive massive amounts of growth for your business.
SEO – Unlock massive amounts of traffic.
Content Marketing – Our team creates engaging content that will get shared + attract customers.
Paid Media – Effective paid strategies with clear ROI.
Website Development – Cutting-edge technology platforms.
Public Interactions Enhance Visibility
Two basic human traits are i) curiosity; and ii) fear of missing out. Omnichannel marketing responds effectively to both these needs. When people see others interacting publicly with the brand everywhere (so its trustworthy), they want to know more (FOMO).
This is the perfect place to dangle a lead magnet. Through these implicit ‘introductions’, strangers are eager to become friends with a brand, signing up for customer experiences that are obviously appreciated by their peers.
Creating Omnichannel Experiences
Far from a one-day task, planning omnichannel experiences for a brand is a long-term project. The first step is to draw up a growth marketing strategy that starts with the basics: a fast-response website that’s mobile-friendly.
Then list the channels preferred by target audiences, preferably based on customer data. Research is crucial, for pinpointing marketing sweet points on every channel.
Data Is the Marketing King
Consumer data should be collected constantly. When fed into a database, automation underpins email segmentation that creates unique customer experiences every time. For marketers, the good news is that this automated approach needs less work and is more effective than doing everything by hand.
With a better understanding of individual activities across preferred channels, it’s easier to shift leads from a qualified marketing lead (QML) to a more desirable sales qualified lead (SQL). Then it’s time to hand over to the sales department, in a high-rewards partnership based on teamwork that breaks down departmental walls.
Cooperation Beats Competition
Partnering with other companies in related fields offers many marketing benefits. Cross-promoting events is a great way of reaching out to new consumers and exploring new markets, faster at lower costs.
Another effective way of reaching out to audiences with more welcoming hands is to co-host webinars. By covering broader fields, they attract larger audiences with different interests. And that means more high-value data to feed into marketing databases as semi-qualified leads.
Setting Up for Success
Using these growth marketing tactics to generate leads is a sure path to success. With favorable feedback proliferating in so many channels, good quality leads flourish.
By automating the lead generation process, personalized customer experiences nurture these newly acquired leads, assuring them along the path to conversion. Effective lead management automation can multiply the efforts of a single marketer fivefold, and with time savings as well.